How to Put on a Dog Harness Easy Walk: Things You Should Know
Dogs are such playful creatures. You have probably seen as much every time you have taken them out for a walk. But that playfulness also makes them difficult to control.
They are just as likely to wander off, especially if you get them too excited. This is why you need a proper harness. The Easy Walk Harness was designed to prevent dogs from pulling away from their owners.
It does this by enabling you to redirect the pulling force of the dog which, in turn, allows you to steer the animal in any direction you want with relative ease.
To make effective use of an Easy Walk Harness, you need to fit it appropriately.
What You Need?
To put your dog in an Easy Walk Harness, all you need is the harness itself and the dog. The average Easy Walk Harness consists of:
How to Put on a Dog Harness Easy Walk?
You don't have to fit an Easy Walk Harness perfectly to use it. A larger number of dog owners than you think do not use this harness correctly.
And they know this. However, they don't think it matters because the harness has continued to work for them. This is a problem because an Easy Walk harness that is fitted incorrectly makes your dog uncomfortable, and that isn't fair to the animal.
Any caring dog owner who wants to get all the benefits this harness has to offer should follow these steps:
An Easy Walk Harness has a shoulder strap and a chest strap. To put the harness in place without inconveniencing your pet, you should start by fitting the shoulder strap before moving on to the chest strap.
At this stage of the process, you are encouraged to keep some food on hand that you can use to control the dog once you start putting the harness on him.
- Take a moment to unbuckle the entire harness. Carefully guide the shoulder strap over the dog's head.
- Make sure that the chest strap is resting against the dog's chest.
- You should also ensure that the connector ring is resting behind the dog's shoulder. Keep adjusting the harness until the connector rings and chest strap are in their proper place.
- At this point, you can connect the quick-snap buckle. Just make sure that the belly strap has been adjusted to hug the dog appropriately.
- This also applies to the straps around the shoulders. They shouldn't be too tight. Make sure that you can fit at least one finger between each strap and the part of the dog it is touching.
- The point is for the harness to hold the dog snugly but not so firmly that it is squeezing the dog.
- Be sure to keep the straps away from sensitive areas like the armpits.
Once the shoulder strap is in place, you can move on to the chest strap
- Because the chest strap is already in place, you just have to adjust it. Make sure it doesn't drop too far down.
- You should also prevent it from riding so far up that it threatens to touch the dog's neck.
- The chest strap should sit horizontally across the dog's chest with the martingale loop at the center.
How can you tell that you have installed the harness properly? Step back and observe the animal from the side. The harness should look like the letter 'T' lying on its side. If it does not, then you have made a mistake.
Some Tips and Tricks
1) The easiest way to start fitting this harness is to make your dog sit upright. Hold the head as you gently slip the harness into place.
2) You can also make your dog step into the harness. Unbuckle the harness and place it on the floor. Guide the dog's legs into the open passages in the harness. Pull the harness up and proceed from there, making the necessary adjustments.
3) To keep your dog under control while you install the harness, get someone to feed it some treats while you work.
Things to Consider
1) The Easy Walk Harness is meant for walking. Do not use it to go running. Otherwise, your dog is going to experience chaffing.
2). If chaffing happens, stop using the harness. Give the dog a moment to heal and then install the harness once more. But make sure that you fit it properly to avoid additional chaffing.
3) If your dog keeps experiencing chaffing regardless of how well you fit the harness, consider using wraps. There are special wraps that you can use to pad the straps.
4) If you have never washed your Easy Walk Harness, consider starting. It isn't just a matter of hygiene. Washing the harness will make it softer.
5) Small dogs are problematic because they have an easier time escaping the easy walk harness. The harness works best with medium and large dogs. If your dog is small, you should consider attaching the leash to the collar. This will provide added protection.
6) Make sure that the Easy Walk harness you have purchased in the right size. These harnesses come in a variety of sizes. Take a moment to measure the width of your dog's chest, not to mention its girth. The size of the harness should match the size of the dog.
The Easy Walk harness sounds complicated to install. But the effort is worth the value you get. The harness is supposed to act as a gentler alternative to choke collars. This is why it is so lightweight. And the more you practice, the easier it becomes to fit the harness.
The objective is to ensure that the harness is snug but not too tight. Additionally, the leash should be at ease. The Easy Walk harness is designed to gently guide the dog rather than forcing it. If you have fitted it properly, you will have a relaxing walk.